There is an enormous variety of Free Zones in the UAE and the entrepreneur is spoiled for choice. Where to set-up in the UAE? How to find the ideal Free Zone for your business?
What are the key factors to choose the ideal Free Zone?
The biggest variances between the various Free Zones in the UAE are the license types, the permitted activities and the availability of suitable offices. You will also recognize a significant difference in the set-up costs, renewal fees, visa costs and in your yearly office rent. Furthermore, each Free Zone works under its own laws and regulations and provides different services.
To choose the best Free Zone for your business, you should take the following key factors into consideration:
• Nature and size of the business
• Planned activity of the company
• Visa requirements for the planned company
• Allocated budget for the set-up
• Free Zones specialized in specific activities
• Location of the Free Zone
• Infrastructure provided by the Free Zone
• Facilities offered by the Free Zone
• Licensing process of the Free Zone related to the proposed activity
• Set-up process in the Free Zone, required documents and costs
• Size and rent costs of the needed office, warehouse or industrial land
• Recurring costs for yearly license renewals and facilities
• Prestige of a particular Free Zone
• Services provided by the Free Zone
• Hidden charges
• Other specific requirements
In the end there are at least 15 aspects that should be taken into consideration to find the ideal Free Zone for your planned company set-up in the UAE. You should also keep in mind that the Fee Zone regulations, set-up procedures and costs change from time to time.
Why is it so important to choose the Free Zone wisely?
A Free Zone company in the UAE cannot easily be shifted from one Free Zone to another. If you find out that the choice of the specific Free Zone has not been the best option, your company must be liquidated and set-up in another Free Zone from scratch. Choosing the ideal Free Zone wisely, can save you much time, costs and hassle in the long run.
It is worth the effort to collect information and interview entrepreneurs in different Free Zones about their experience with the set-up process and the day-to-day business. You can also contact MEO Business Center to provide detailed expert advice and professional support to find the ideal Free Zone for your business.
A Business Incubator like MEO Business Center can explain all the advantages and disadvantages of various Free Zones and answer all your questions. Our experienced MEO Business Center team also supports you with the set-up process, visa applications, bank account openings and many more.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com or call +971563899260. Our MEO competence team is looking forward to assisting you.